Buy RadCity 5 Plus Step-Thru Electric Commuter Bike Online
RadCity 5 Plus Step-Thru Electric Commuter Bike RadCity is one of the best-selling ebikes in the US. The bike series has traditionally offered a solid balance of power, features, and affordability, and it recently received arguably its biggest update ever. We got the chance to go hands-on with the RadCity 5 Plus, which looks like a compelling entry into the reasonably-priced ebike market at a price of $1,799.
The changes this time around aren’t totally surprising — they largely reflect the same changes given to the RadRover 6 Plus, which received its own redesign in July. The bike comes with what I think most people would consider a much sleeker design, thanks in large part to a battery that is semi-integrated into the body.
Here are some of the other key highlights you should be aware of:
- The bike comes in both high-step and step-through designs for accessibility.
- It has a speed limit of 20mph.
- The battery is rated at 672 Wh (48V X 14Ah).
- It comes with a 60mm suspension fork.
- It comes with hydraulic disk brakes (previous versions used mechanical disk brakes).
- You get a bright headlight and a taillight that glows extra bright when you start to brake.
- It features a new custom dual-display system with more information at a glance.
- Fenders are included.
- The bike is water-resistant (Rad Power Bikes is from Seattle, after all).
- Included rear rack (removable), optional front rack. On previous bikes, the rear rack was integrated, so it couldn’t be replaced.
- Adjustable stem to fit many riders.
- A wealth of other accessories.
- New custom puncture-resistant tires are more efficient for urban environments, allowing for 11% more range (Rad Power Bikes says “up to 50+ miles” overall)
- You still get 5 levels of cadence-based pedal assist and a twist throttle.
- The new 750W hub motor is now geared to climb hills 40% faster.